November 05 - 08, 2019
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Houston, Texas, USA
2712 Southwest Freeway, 77098
We are pleased to announce the 26th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2019),
managed by Tcl Community Association
Sponsored by FlightAware, Mentor - A Siemens Business, and Noumena Corp.
Learn from the experts and share your knowledge. The annual Tcl/Tk
conference is the best opportunity to talk with experts and peers,
cross-examine the Tcl/Tk core team, learn about what's coming and how
to use what's here.
- Tutorials taught by Tcl experts
- Tcl Certification Exam Details
- In depth discussions of 8.6 changes and how to take advantage of them
- Using the Tcl dict, module and OO commands
- The future of Tcl after 8.6
- Best practices in package management, software design, dynamic programming and more
- Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions
- Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team
- Tcl/Tk Social Suite for late night discussions and beverage consumption.
- Abir Rahman — (Development of Home Care Quality Toolkit)
- Andreas Kupries — (Panel: Building/Packaging, Tcl Core Team Panel)
- Brian Griffin — (Tcl Core Team Panel, Tcl and the Qt Event Loop (Using Tcl in a Qt Application))
- Claude Rubinson — (Rediscovering Ousterhout's Dichotomy in the 21st Century while Developing and Deploying Software for Set-Theoretic Empirical Research: From R to Python to OCaml and Tcl/Tk)
- Cyan Ogilvie — (Serverless Tcl with AWS Lambda)
- David Simmons — (EdgeS(tm) a Tcl'ish Micro-services Platform EdgeShell(tm) Tool)
- Don Porter — (State Of Tcl, a Review, Tcl Core Team Panel)
- Forhan Emdad — (Development of Home Care Quality Toolkit)
- Frank Morlang — (Quick and dirty I/O playing with X-Plane without "dirty" - The Tcl way)
- Gunes Koru — (Development of Home Care Quality Toolkit)
- Jonathan Cone — (tclws Versioning)
- Karl Lehenbauer — (pilights - doing fancy things with RGB LED strips using Tcl and a Raspberry Pi)
- Kevin Kenny — (Mapping the Tcl world: Using Tcl to curate OpenStreetMap, Tcl Core Team Panel)
- Marc Culler — (Realizing the theme dream)
- Mary Ryan Gilmore — (Multicom - FlightAware's Alert Delivery System)
- Michael Yantosca — (Release the TURTLES: A Pure Tcl Interface to Dynamic Proc Tracing)
- Peter da Silva — (Lessons learned, Popeye and Roadrunner)
- Philip Clifton — (Smart Tile Grids: Optimizing the display of non-uniform geographical data)
- Richard Hipp — (Wapp - A super-simple yet powerful, secure, and robust framework for writing web applications in Tcl)
- Ronald Fox — (Modern Dataflow in Experimental Nuclear Science and Tcl)
- Sean Woods — (Cuneiform - Implementing Document Layout with Clay, Panel: Building/Packaging, The Sobyk Binary Distribution)
- Shannon Noe — (Tracing TCL at multiple levels)
- Vishan Persaud — (A first step towards end-to-end testing of subscription billing)
There will be a jobs board again. If you are interested in hiring a
Tcl/Tk expert or two, or are looking for new engagement, either show
up with your announcement ready to tack on the board, or send email to
Thursday night will see everyone gathered together to chow down and
chat. Some variety of amusement will occur after the banquet.
The conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks.
More details (including how to book rooms, reach it, etc.) are available
at our Location page
Papers and Abstracts
The list of papers and their abstracts will be made available in the
schedule section of these pages after the
notifications to authors have been sent out, on September 19, 2019.
The papers of previous years are available through the index of
North-American Tcl Conferences.