Latest Release: Tcl/Tk 8.7a1 (Sep 8, 2017)
Tcl/Tk 8.7 is now in alpha development. Those seeking its new features,
or those invested in keeping their existing Tcl-related work compatible
with the next releases of Tcl and Tk are invited to try and track this
Download Tcl/Tk 8.7a1 Source Releases
Highlights of Tcl 8.7 (so far)
New Notifiers: The central event handling engine in Tcl is now
constructed on top of the system calls epoll or kqueue
when they are available. The select based implementation also
remains for platforms where they are not.
regsub -command: Expand the power of your
substitutions with this new option permitting substitution of
values generated by script evaluation.
- Explicit decimal notation: Integer values may be optionally
marked by the prefix 0d to signal without ambiguity that they
are in decimal notation.
- Additional New Features: Package file introspection,
finer control of oo objection definitions.
Highlights of Tk 8.7 (so far)
- Extended Alpha Channel Support: Photo images now support
image get and
image put to query
and manipulate the alpha channel of images that support them.
- Text on progress bars: Just what it sounds like.
- Additional New Features: Capture
text ranges touched
by undo and redo operations, auto-reverse